How do I extend my current license on the student portal?

During the period you are involved in a design-oriented study program as a student or a teacher, you can use the free Vectorworks student license. If your license has expired, you can easily extend it on the student portal of Vectorworks

  1. Go to

  2. Fill in your details on the left under ‘Existing Users’. Click ‘Sign in’.

  3. Click the ‘Request Extension’ button.

  4. Please provide us with your proof of registration*. Click ‘Submit’.

  5. Go to ‘Downloads’.

  6. Choose your Vectorworks version** and add your proof of registration* again. Click ‘Send’.

  7. Download your software by selecting ‘Mac’ or ‘Windows’. Your serial number will remain active for 12 months.

Need help? As a student or teacher you get free online support. If your question is urgent, you can also contact us by phone.


Select 'Choose file' and add a valid proof (e.g. a copy of your current student card) with your name, photo, academic year, school and study program clearly visible. Only .jpg or .pdf is accepted. Your file cannot be larger than 4 MB. Incomplete or incorrect requests will be refused. Because of the design of the portal, this action is requested at 2 locations. You can upload the same document both times.


If you are using Vectorworks at school, discuss with your teacher which version and language option you need. Once you have entered your language choice, it is impossible to request another language for the same version. If you requested the most recent version of Vectorworks, you will not be able to request older versions. But files can be saved in such a way that they are compatible with an older version. If you really need an older version, please contact us.

Last update: 30/06/2021
Julie is the author of this solution article.

Did you find it helpful? Yes No

Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.