If the server is only used for data storage, a relatively simple system is sufficient. As soon as the server is used for project sharing, the requirements will be significantly higher.
- Server:Dedicated Windows server with SAS or SSD storage and powerful HD controllers, 10Gbit or more network connection
- Server: Dedicated Windows server (SSD or SATA with 4 ports), 4 port network connection or 10Gbit LAN
- Server with project sharing: MicroServer with 2-4 SSD drives, 1 Gbit network connection
- Server without project sharing: MicroServer with 2-4 hard drives, 1 Gbit network connection.
Vectorworks project sharing does not require a dedicated server with server OS. A Network Attached Storage (NAS) provides storage capacity and offers the most important server services over the network. Advantages are a good price-performance ratio and fast installation.
- Modellen uit de PRO Series (met origineel SMB-protocol), geen consumentenmodellen
- Intel processor with sufficient memory (8GB or more)
Four or more hard drive ports
- Hard drives suited for continuous use; additional units for future scalability
- Four network connections with 10Gbit (module)
- Rack-mount or desktop model (depending on placement)