From Vectorworks 2022, the export feature to Artlantis 2019 and Artlantis 6.0/6.5/7.0 is no longer available by default in your software. You can add the plug-in yourself.
The export to Artlantis 2020/2021 and other Artlantis commands are still present in your Vectorworks program.
From Vectorworks 2023 onwards
ADDING ARTLANTIS PLUG-IN TO VECTORWORKS
- Go to the menu Help/Install Partner Products…, a new dialog will open
- Click on the product Artlantis Export
- Click ‘install’
- When the installation is complete, a pop-up window will prompt you to restart Vectorworks.
ADDING ARTLANTIS PLUG-IN TO THE WORKSPACE
- Go to ‘Tools/Workspaces/Edit Current Workspace’. A new dialog box will open.
- Modify the workspace name by adding "+Artlantis’, for example. This way, your original workspace will not be changed.
- Go to the ‘Menus’ tab.
- In the left column, look for the command 'Artlantis Export…' under 'Import/Export'. Drag this command to the right column under File/Export and click ‘OK’.
INSTALLING ARTLANTIS PLUG-IN
- Download and unpack the plug-in**. You will see a .vwlibrary file.
- Close Vectorworks.
- Open the program folder of your Vectorworks version.
- Windows: C:\Programme files\Vectorworks\202X
- macOS: Apps\Vectorworks\202X
- Drag and drop the files to the correct folder:
- Windows: Drag and drop the .dll file into the program folder. Drag and drop the .vbl file into the ‘Plug-ins’ folder.
- macOS: drag the .vwlibrary file to the ‘Plug-ins’ folder.
- Restart Vectorworks. The export options are now added to the ‘File/Export Artlantis…’ menu.
The plug-in is not compatible with the new Apple M1 processor.
On MacOS, it is important to take the files out of quarantine before unpacking them. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Open the Terminal program.
- Paste the text ‘xattr -d com.apple.quarantine’ after the existing text. Add a space at the end.
- Drag and drop the .zip file on the Terminal and click Enter.
- Double-click the compressed file to extract it.