After downloading your Vectorworks installer, you are ready to install your design software. To do this, follow the instructions below:
- Open the Vectorworks installer:
- Windows: Right-click on the .zip file and choose ‘Extract’ in the context menu. Extracting is important, because opening directly from a .zip file can cause installation problems. When extraction is complete, double-click the .exe file.
- MacOS: Double-click the .dmg file.
- Click ‘Let's Get Started’ at the bottom right.
- Enter the correct serial number. If you are not sure, look herefor the serial number you need for getting started.
Read the License Agreement, check the approval, and click ‘Next’.
Review the Readme document and click ‘Next’.
Vectorworks now creates a program folder. For macOS, the standard location is under Applications, and on Windows under Program Files. This is the optimal location for your software, so there is no need to move or change it.
Help improve your Vectorworks version by checking ‘Yes, I would like to help Vectorworks improve my experience by collecting user data’. Vectorworks will not collect any personal data, only information about the program’s internal processes. Click ‘Install’.
Your Vectorworks version will now be installed on your computer. Make sure you have a stable Internet connection for easy installation. When the installer is ready, you can start Vectorworks immediately. Enjoy designing!
Each license can be installed on 2 computers. Simultaneous use is not possible.
If you have any questions about the installation, please contact our support team.